Ritual teamed up with Matthew Kenny for a plant-based dining experience that represents some of the ingredients found in Essential for Women.
We paired with Kenney because his cuisine and methods align perfectly with our mission: to fuel the body with the cleanest ingredients we can find, no matter what. All plant-based & no B.S. Because we believe that’s how it should be.
Matthew Kenney & team shared the recipes with us so that you can get Essential with your own meals at home. Here is the super fresh Frozen Avocado Parfait, inspired by Vitamin E. Enjoy!
4 ripe Avocado
1/2 cup Lime juice
2 limes zest
1/2 cup agave
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 bulb fennel, diced
3 kiwi, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons organic sugar
1/2 teaspoon fennel pollen
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup pistachio
2 cup filtered water
1 tablespoon of agave
pinch of sea salt
1 cup puffed quinoa cereal
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- For the Avocado Parfait, blend all until smooth. Add to pastry piping bag.
- Use a ring mold to make disks and freeze until frozen.
- For the Kiwi-Fennel Jam, in a small sauce pot, mix together the sugar with enough water to make a paste (about 1/2 cup). It’s okay if you add too much water — it'll cook out anyway.
- Add the fennel to sugar and water and let cook for about 15 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated.
- After about 15 minutes, the sugar will start to thicken and coat the fennel. It should look like it’s glazed, but not in liquid.
- Add the lemon juice. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Add kiwi and mix well.
- For the Pistachio Milk, blend all ingredients on high for 90 seconds.
- Strain through a fine strainer to remove any pulp.
NEXT RECIPE: Guacamole And Mixed-Seed Cracker Dish
Image: Jake Ahles