Ritual teamed up with Matthew Kenny for a plant-based dining experience that represents some of the ingredients found in Essential for Women.
We paired with Kenney because his cuisine and methods align perfectly with our mission: to fuel the body with the cleanest ingredients we can find, no matter what. All plant-based & no B.S. Because we believe that’s how it should be.
Matthew Kenney & team shared the recipes with us so that you can get Essential with your own meals at home. We heart this Heart of Palm Ceviche, inspired by Magnesium.
¼ cup lime juice, strained
¼ cup orange juice, strained
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and fine dice
1 tablespoon Fresno chili, seeded and fine dice
½ teaspoon salt
1 Makrut lime leaf, sliced very thin
1 pound hearts of palm, sliced
Bed of Vegetables:
2 medium Hass avocado, ripe
6 small breakfast radish, sliced thin
1 cup Edamame ¼ cup kumquats, sliced
¼ cup Chioggia beets, sliced
8 heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup sea beans
2 beets, shaved
½ cup radish sprouts
1 cup edible flowers: marigolds, nasturtium, etc.
flaked sea salt
1 cup pistachios, soaked
1 cups filtered water or more
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons agave
4 cloves roasted garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
Crispy Brown Rice:
1 cup unsweetened organic crispy brown rice
- Mix all Civeche Brine ingredients in a bowl. Add sliced hearts of palm. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
- Combine all ingredients for the Bed of Vegetables lightly salt with flake sea salt.
- Blend all ingredients for the Pistachio Aioli in a blender until very smooth with a yogurt consistency.
- Lightly toss Crispy Brown Rice ingredients.
- Place the Bed of Vegetables on the Crispy Brown Rice in thick stripes down the middle. Start arranging hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, radishes, sea beans and beets over the avocado. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of aioli over all ingredients. Top with shaved beets, sprouts and flowers. Finish with a pinch of sea salt.
NEXT RECIPE: Miso Grilled Tofu
Image: Jake Ahles