Ritual teamed up with Matthew Kenny for a plant-based dining experience that represents some of the ingredients found in Essential for Women.
We paired with Kenney because his cuisine and methods align perfectly with our mission: to fuel the body with the cleanest ingredients we can find, no matter what. All plant-based & no B.S. Because we believe that’s how it should be.
Matthew Kenney & team shared the recipes with us so that you can get Essential with your own meals at home. Here is the folate-inspired, prettiest Kale Salad with Cashew Dressing you'll ever have.
2 quarts of raw kale
2 cups of shaved fennel
2 shaved carrots
3 shaved radishes 1 cup of kumquats
1 cup toasted cashews
1/2 cup filtered water
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
3 tablespoons tamari
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Add all ingredients but olive oil to a blender and blend until smooth. On slow speed emulsify olive oil into a blender.
- Add kale, fennel, carrots to a large mixing bowl dress with cashew dressing and massage well to make kale tender.
- Top with slices of avocado, radish, kumquat, and sprouts.
- Drizzle more cashew dressing around salad.
- Season with Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
NEXT RECIPE: Homemade Hummus and Crackers
Image: Jake Ahles